This took 7 hours to cook and 10 minutes to put together. I kid you not…..10 minutes! I made the easy healthy recipe exactly how it said (except my chicken breasts were not all the way thawed…whoops). It is not an expensive recipe to make either. My husband really liked it and we have enough for leftovers tomorrow night and lunch for him for a few days. Spice it up if you want or keep it the way it is. SUPER YUMMY! Great to come home to after a busy day. A perfect fall/winter meal. ENJOY!
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (12oz) bottle of beer (can sub with broth…but I promise there will be no beer taste!)
- 1 can of chili or pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 (8oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes undrained (if you like some spice, use tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (to make vegetarian, omit chicken & add 2 cans of kidney, white beans or chickpeas.)
- Optional Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream
- Place chopped onions, beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and beer into the slow cooker. Mix well.
- Add taco seasoning and stir to mix together.
- Place chicken breasts into the mixture, pressing down until covered by mixture.
- Cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with 2 forks.
- Stir back into crockpot.
- Serve soup with optional toppings or as is 🙂 DELISH!
Pinterest Link: Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup