Like sugar? This will for sure cure a sweet tooth. These are so so yummy and super easy. My husband had some sweet Hawaiian rolls left over from his Christmas party. So I searched some recipes on Pinterest and found this one. I gave it a try this morning and…..OH YUM! I followed the recipe up until the glaze. I didn’t have whipping cream so I just put some powdered sugar in a bowl and added some milk. When they were cooler, about 10 minutes, I put the glaze on. Kids loved them (of course) and husband really loved them. Make your own today!
(PS. I have to thank my husband for stepping in last-minute with his little bit of knowledge when I ran out of brown sugar. He told me to mix molasses and white sugar to make my own. Solved my problem and I didn’t have to go out on the icy roads. Most awesome husband ever (especially on Saturday mornings when my brain is still sleeping but I am awake.)
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls – cut in half
- 2/3 Cup Softened Butter
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 ounces Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread 1 Tablespoon of butter mixture on bottom of 8×8 glass baking dish. Slice Hawaiian rolls in half, spread a generous amount of butter on the inside of rolls (use 1/2 of butter mixture inside rolls). Place rolls back together and transfer to baking dish. Spread remaining butter mixture over the top. Make sure to spread onto sides and in the gaps. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Glaze and serve.
- Mix cream cheese, cream and powdered sugar. This yields 1½ cups for a heavy glaze. If you prefer lightly glazed rolls, decrease glaze measurements by half.
- *add nuts for a little crunch