Do you like making things in the blender? Have you ever tried muffins? I didn’t either until I tried this recipe. It is healthy (oats instead of flour). I am sure you can substitute the ¼ cup brown sugar for something healthier. They are moist and delicious and the chocolate chips make them extra tasty. Throw everything but the chocolate chips in the blender and when that is all ground up throw in the chocolate chips and mix them with a spoon. They do tend to go straight to the bottom so when putting into the muffin cups make sure you go down deep to grab some of those tasty chips! In the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes and boom! Healthy muffins the kids will love. I made them for our trip to Florida and they store really well in some Tupperware. ENJOY!
- 1 cup (225 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 medium ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (160 g) rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (85 g) chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners**. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until the oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full. Optional: sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Pinterest Link – Greek Yogurt Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins in the Blender