Everyone loves girl scout cookie time. Unfortunately it is almost over here in Virginia (boohoo).
In my searches on Pinterest for a remedy to my favorite cookie addiction I found this. Desperate to satisfy my “samoa cookie problem” I tried it. OMG! Let me tell you, this is super easy and SUPER YUMMY! I didn’t put my chocolate on right (as you can see from the picture) but no worries….they were still just as good. I would highly recommend keeping them in the fridge. They were WAY better cold!
Go ahead…..make them! Satisfy that girl scout cookie craving TODAY!
- 1 package brownie mix of your choice (the size for a 9×13 pan), with ingredients called for on box
- 2 cups sweet or unsweet flaked coconut
- 12 ounce can Dulce De Leche*
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- Topping: 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Prepare brownies in a 9×13 pan according to package directions. Let cool.
- On large, rimmed baking sheet, spread out coconut and place in a 350 degree oven until toasted lightly golden, stirring often, about ten minutes.**
- While coconut is toasting, place caramel and evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl or small sauce pot (if melting on stovetop). Heat at 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until just soft enough to blend well.
- Stir toasted coconut into caramel mixture until well combined. Place dollops of this all over top of cooled brownies and then spread to ice.
- Melt Chocolate Chips in microwave the same way you did the caramel. Once fully melted, allow to cool five minutes before spooning into a large zipper seal bag. Cut just the tip off and make zig zags all over top of coconut mixture. Allow brownies to sit until chocolate is set again and they are completely cool.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!